Make an extra batch for the freezer! Something so quick and easy to for weekend breakfast for the whole family. The fillings may be varied according to your taste. You can even add food colouring to your batter to change the colours or add cocoa powder for a chocolate taste! This recipe makes 8 – 10 pancakes.
- 140 g wheat cake flour (250 ml) (1 cup)
- 1 ml baking powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- 2 ml salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 250 ml milk (1 cup)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 15 ml vinegar or lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- 30 ml sunflower oil (2 tablespoons)
- Extra sunflower oil or butter for cooking
- Fit the food processor with the double-knife plastic blade or stainless-steel blade. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Pulse to mix.
- Add 125 ml milk, process to a smooth paste.
- Through the feeder tube with the machine running, add the beaten eggs, 125 ml milk, vinegar and oil which have been mixed together.
- Allow mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a knob of butter or 5 ml oil in a small frying pan/crepe pan over a moderate heat on the hob; pour in a little pancake batter. Tilt pan to coat the base.
- Toss pancake to turn over, cook the second side. Keep warm on a plate over gently simmering water. Alternatively, reheat cooked pancakes for 10 seconds in the microwave on 100% power.
- Repeat until all batter is used. Use as required.
- Pancakes are made with 2 large eggs.
- Crepes, which are thinner, are made with 4 large eggs.
- Both pancakes and crepes freeze very well for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours before using.
- Sprinkle over sugar and cinnamon with a squeeze of lemon.
- Use for both sweet and savoury fillings and toppings.