In a hurry, or watching your weight? This is the perfect, quick meal to make.
Serves 4 – 6
– 800 g beef chuck, rump or topside cut into
– stir-fry strips
– 30 ml cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray
– Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
– 500 g mushrooms, wiped and sliced
– 2 small onions, sliced
– 1 packet spring onions, chopped
– 5 ml paprika
– 50 ml parsley, chopped
– 500 ml beef stock
– 15 ml prepared Dijon mustard
– 200 g crème fraiche or low-fat fromage frais
– 25 ml freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat on the hob; add in oil or spray with cooking spray.
2. When very hot, quickly stir-fry beef strips in batches for 1 – 2 minutes until all meat is browned. Remove, and keep warm. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add mushrooms, onions and spring onions into the pan. Sauté for 5 – 6 minutes until onion is translucent.
4. Add in paprika, 50 ml parsley, beef stock and mustard. Heat to boiling.
5. Return meat to the pan; add in crème fraiche or low-fat fromage frais. Check seasoning. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
6. Serve immediately with brown rice, noodles or new potatoes. Try serving in pita bread for a change or with a green salad or steamed mange tout.