Make the perfect Hot Cross Buns this Easter Weekend and let us know how it tastes with fantastic pictures!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Philips Avance Air Fryer – https://bit.ly/2GAZ2Ho
- 500 g cake flour, plus extra for dusting
- 20 g (2 sachets) dry yeast
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 11/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- A pinch cloves
- A pinch of salt
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 250ml cream or full cream milk
- 125 ml raisins
- 5 tbls Flour
- 140 g Soft butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine the flour, yeast, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a measuring jug, whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until a sticky, soft dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough into a bowl and cover with clingfilm or a damp cloth then allow to rise for 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, remove from the bowl and knead in the raisins. Return to the bowl, cover and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Form dough balls roughly the size of golf balls out of the risen dough and place in a circular pattern on the prepared baking tray. Mix together 5 tbls of flour and 3-4 tbls of water and pipe crosses onto the buns.
- Allow to rise for another 30 minutes then place in the pre-heated oven.
- Allow to bake for 25-30 minutes until the hot cross buns are golden brown and cooked through.
- While the buns are baking, combine 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar to make the glaze in a small saucepan and allow to come to a boil.
- When the buns have baked, remove them from the oven and immediately brush the glaze over the top.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- For the spiced honey butter, simply beat together 150 g butter, 3 tbls of honey and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon then serve with the warm hot cross buns.
- Put your hot cross buns in the Phillips Airfryer at 180 degrees for two minutes for a more toasty appeal