This is Luci’s favourite dinner party recipe given to her by her friend, Genevieve. It works 100% every time and is a really great recipe, which is dead easy to make.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
TEFAL XPERTISE TITANIUM 28CM WOK C6201972 – https://bit.ly/2HX1ULX
– 4 skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced across the grain
– 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and sliced
– 15 ml dark brown muscovado sugar
– 30 – 60 ml oyster sauce
– 30 ml sunflower or olive oil
– 2 pieces fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped finely
– 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
– 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into small julienne strips
– 5 ml ground turmeric
– 75 g unsalted cashew nuts
– Fresh coriander leaves
1. Place sliced chicken breasts, chilli, sugar and 15 ml oyster sauce together into a glass bowl, toss well to coat and combine the flavours.
2. Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add ginger, garlic and carrots; stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Add in chicken mixture, turmeric and remaining oyster sauce. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, about 8 – 10 minutes.
4. Add in cashew nuts and fresh coriander leaves.
5. Serve immediately, with cooked Chinese noodles or Basmati rice.
• Use a teaspoon to scrape the skin off the ginger root; it works like a charm to get into all the little crevices.
• Want to prepare ahead? Prepare to end of step 3. Cool, then reheat quickly before serving, and add the nuts and fresh coriander leaves at the end of the reheating time.