Such an easy economical dessert to make: give it a try!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Whirpool JetChef Convection Microwave Oven – JT469SL – https://bit.ly/2kRsQmZ
Serves 6 – 8
1 x 397 g tin condensed milk
900 ml low-fat milk
15 g butter or margarine
65 ml cornflour
1 egg, beaten
60 ml low-fat milk (extra)
200 g packet Tennis biscuits
1. Place condensed milk, 900 ml milk and butter into a large bowl, and microwave on 100% power for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
2. Mix cornflour, egg and 60 ml milk to a paste.
3. Add some of the hot mixture to the cornflour, then quickly return it all back to the hot mixture.
4. Microwave on 100% power for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring each minute with a whisk. Cook until thickened. Remove whisk whilst microwaving.
5. Line the base of a 25 cm square container with Tennis biscuits, pour over mixture.
6. Crumb the remaining biscuits in the food processor or mini chopper, and scatter over surface of pudding.
7. Dust with cinnamon.
8. Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours before cutting into squares for serving.
• Use 1 small naartjie or clementine, grate rind, and add to milk mixture when cooking in step 1.