Great flavours combine in this one-pot meal, quick and ever-so-tasty.
500 g minced beef, pork or lamb
15 ml cooking oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
125 g uncooked rice (125 ml)
300 ml beef stock
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
250 g fresh green beans, sliced
100 g mushrooms, sliced
30 ml lemon juice
50 ml chutney or
75 g seedless raisins (125 ml)
30 ml fresh chopped parsley
1. Brown mince in heated cooking oil in a medium saucepan until it changes colour.
2. Add in onion and green pepper, and sauté until onion is translucent.
3. Add in uncooked rice, beef stock and pepper to taste. Mix well.
4. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low to medium heat on a hob for 30 – 35 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is cooked through.
5. Recipe may be placed into a covered casserole dish and microwaved on 100 % power for 20 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
6. Mix well and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.