Butternut soup is always a winner. Experiment with this. Take out the packet soup and sweet chilli sauce and add 2 – 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped, an onion and a little curry powder. It is astonishing what one can do to make the presentation look inviting. Hollow out some small pumpkins and use as containers for the soup; or try serving it in shot glasses accompanied by croutons on small skewers.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Whirlpool 60cm Stainless Steel 6TH Sense Oven – https://bit.ly/2Q4I1r2
Serves: 20 – 30 tasting portions
-1 kg butternut, peeled and chopped
-3 large carrots, peeled and grated
-1 packet soup mix (Knorr Curry Vegetable soup flavour is good)
-2 chicken stock cubes
-15 ml sweet chilli sauce (1 tablespoon)
-1 litre water (sufficient to cover the vegetables)
-Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients into a large saucepan or electric pressure cooker.
2. Bring to the boil then simmer until vegetables are soft. Using an electric
pressure cooker, the soup should take 10 – 12 minutes to cook.
3. Using an immersion/plunge blender or food processor, liquidize all
vegetables, blending in the liquid.
4. Check seasoning to taste.
5. Serve in small tasting cups.
• Roasting the butternut in a little olive oil/sunflower oil for 20 minutes in an oven of 180ºC/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4, will make a richer flavoured soup with a lot more depth. Once roasted, complete the recipe as above.