Hirsch’s is making it easy for you to find healthy Smart Snacking options.
There are many factors that contribute to our constant snacking, we may be bored, stressed or even emotional eating. Snacking is a huge challenge when transitioning to unprocessed foods. Cravings for processed and sugary snacks come at us strong and there will be nothing stopping us from making a quick trip to our nearest convince store to grab a snack.
Here is a recipe that can help to combat your cravings
Chickpeas are packed with protein. Because they are baked rather than fried, they are ideal for serving as an alternative to nuts, to those watching their weight.
You will need
- 2 x large tins chickpeas, drained well
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 5 ml of sea salt
- 3 ml freshly-ground white pepper or
- 5 ml of curry powder
- 2 ml ground cumin
- 3 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/ Gas mark 5.
- Pat chickpeas dry with a paper towel, and place in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground white pepper, or curry powder and ground cumin. Toss together gently.
- Place chickpea mixture onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until quite crunchy, stirring from time to time.
- Sprinkle over the rosemary and continue to bake a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with drinks, or as a healthy lunchbox snack.
For more delicious recipes, grab your cookbook here.