Saucy Chocolate Pudding
Need a quick pudding to feed a crowd? Saucy chocolate pudding is your yummiest option. This one is great using store cupboard ingredients!
Serves 6 – 8
- 60 g butter or margarine (60 ml)
- 170 g light brown sugar (200 ml)
- 1 large egg
- 140 g cake flour (250 ml)
- 30 ml cocoa powder (10 g)
- 15 ml baking powder
- 2 ml salt
- 200 ml low-fat milk
- 250 ml water
- 200 g brown sugar
- 25 ml cocoa powder
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients, and add alternately with the milk to the butter mixture.
- Spoon into a large 20 x 28 cm greased ovenproof dish.
- Make syrup by mixing all ingredients except essence into a saucepan.
- Heat and stir until sugar has dissolved and mixture starts to boil. Add essence.
- Pour syrup over batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar when serving cold. Serve with cream, custard or thick low-fat yoghurt.
• Use two fresh pears, peel, core and slice and arrange in
chocolate batter. Bake as above.
• Add 6 apricots, stone, and slice and arrange in chocolate
batter. Bake as above.
• For a richer creamier sauce use milk in the sauce instead