This is the most delicious way we’ve ever had calamari. Serve this Paprika and Cream Calamari dish with rice or (our favourite) on garlic bread.
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 250 g calamari tubes and tentacles, cleaned and cut into neat portions
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 ml low-fat cream
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 7 ml paprika
- Juice of half a lemon
- 45 ml finely chopped chives
2. Add calamari tubes and tentacles, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Toss the calamari as it cooks, and drain off any liquid that begins to accumulate. You may have to do this twice or three times. If there is any liquid present, the calamari will go rubbery.
4. Add in the cream, garlic, paprika, and lemon juice. Bring to the boil; turn immediately to simmer and cook a further 1 – 2 minutes.
5. Check seasoning; serve with rice or garlic bread.
6. Garnish with chopped chives & serve your Paprika and Cream Calamari dish.
Dusting your calamari with Spanish smoked paprika before frying. It gives a distinctive mellow flavour. You could use regular paprika but the result won’t be nearly as delicious.
Want more exciting recipes? Check out our His & Hirsch’s Cook Book packed full of delicious dishes just for you!