We love this recipe from the Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredients book. Try out this Harissa Squash Salad.
- 1 butternut squash (1.2kg)
- 1 heaped tbsp rose harissa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 x 125g ball of mozzarella
- Place 1 tbsp each of extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, and a little salt and pepper, in a large bowl. Halve, peel, destone,
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Carefully cut the squash into rough 5cm chunks (seeds and all), then, in a roasting tray, rub all over with the harissa, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 50 minutes, or until soft, golden and gnarly.
- With a few minutes to go, place 1 tablespoon each of extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, and a little salt and pepper, in a large bowl.
- Halve, peel, destone, slice and toss in the avocados, then gently mix in the salad leaves.
- Use forks to divide and tear the hot squash (skin, seeds and all) between your plates.
- Divide up the salad on top and tear over the mozzarella, then serve.