Salmon & Red Pepper Stir-Fry
The peppers, peppadews, cabbage and sprouts combine well with the flavour of salmon: make this recipe in a few minutes.
Serves 4 – 6
- 45 ml honey
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 600 g fresh salmon; remove skin and any bones, cut into 2 cm strips
- 15 ml cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 2 red peppers, deseeded, and cut into strips
- 6 peppadews, chopped
- 1 Chinese cabbage (bok choy), shredded; or 1 bunch spinach, shredded
- 1 small container bean sprouts
- 20 ml cornflour
- 150 ml water
- Freshly-ground black pepper
1. Combine honey, soy sauce and salmon strips. Allow fish to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a moderately high temperature. Add in oil or spray with cooking spray.
3. Stir-fry peppers for 2 – 3 minutes; add in peppadews, cabbage or spinach and bean sprouts. Stir-fry a further 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Place into a warmed serving dish, and keep warm.
5. Return the frying pan to the heat; drain fish well (reserve the marinade), before quickly frying for 5 minutes. Stir from time to time.
6. To the marinade add cornflour, and whisk well to blend. Add in water. Add mixture into the fish.
7. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes until thickened. Check seasoning.
8. Mix salmon with stir-fried vegetables, and serve immediately with
cooked rice or noodles.
Serve in pita bread halves or taco shells, instead of with rice or noodles.
An easy way to get rid of fiddly bones in fish fillets is to use clean tweezers.