You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Rich and fruity Christmas cake in the Microwave. The whole family can have fun decorating it afterward with fondant icing. It is a staple on our Christmas table.
Ingredients for the Rich And Fruity Christmas Cake
- 250g of Butter
- 100g of Glaze cherries
- 500g Cake fruit mix
- 200g of dates chopped
- 1 410g tin of pineapple chunks
- 5ml of Bicarb soda
- 100ml of Brandy
- 4 Large beaten eggs
- 75g of chopped mixed nuts
- 5ml of Vanilla, Rum and Almond essence
- 15ml of cocoa powder
- 240g cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 5ml of Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and mixer spice
- Place the butter, cherries, fruit mix, dates, brown sugar, pineapple and Bicarb soda into a deep microwavable bowl. Cook this mixture on high for 10minutes.
- Add the Brandy, eggs, nuts, essences, and cocoa and mix well.
- Sift in the cake flour, baking powder and spices and add to the fruit mix
- Pour the mixture into a large greased microwavable baking dish (26-28cm)
- Cook the cake on 50% power for 35minutes making sure it is elevated from the base of the LG Neochef using the short grill stand. Or on the combination function for 40-50minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely then place it into a tightly sealed container.
- Dowse the cake each week with 100ml of Brandy before use.
- When you are ready to use the cake decorate it with marzipan, fondant icing or a mix of glaze cherries and nuts.