Caprese Heirloom Salad
This Caprese Heirloom Salad is made with beautiful exotic tomatoes.The classic Caprese Salad may be spiced up by using fresh, simple ingredients, giving it a modern twist. This is a really delicious, simple starter or side dish that you will love to make. Richard Hirsch whipped up this starter with his wife Simone at the recent Hirsch’s Kitchen Capers event.
- Yellow tomatoes ( Sliced)
- Green tomatoes ( Sliced)
- Red tomatoes ( sliced)
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces or sliced Mozzarella rounds to stack
- Two sprigs of fresh basil
- A drizzle of good quality olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Choose pretty serving plates. Layer the exotic tomatoes, starting with a slice of yellow tomato.
2. Top this with a piece of mozzarella cheese.
3. Next, place a slice of green tomato, followed again by mozzarella, and lastly a slice of red tomato on top of
the pile. Your stack should sit firmly in place.
4. Top with a sprig of fresh basil.
5. Drizzle over a little olive oil, and season according to taste.