Try this Smashed Avocado And Poached Eggs recipe on your favourite rye toast or sourdough. Whip up this delicious breakfast in minutes with Hirsch’s range of egg poachers.
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- salt and Pepper
- Steamed spinach
- Various seeds & Chilli flakes for decoration
- Rye bread or sourdough bread
- Start off by steaming your spinach
- Prep your avocado by slicing it down the middle into two halves. Scoop out the fruit into a mixing bowl.
- Smash the avocado with a fork or potato masher. Then add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to create the smashed avocado.
- Slice and toast your bread as desired.
- Poach the eggs using the egg poacher.
- Once the eggs, avocado and spinach are done place the avocado onto your toast of choice then layer the spinach, eggs and then the seeds and chilli flakes.
Avocados are naturally high in healthy fats, nutrients and fibre. When consumed as part of a healthy diet, seeds can help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure. Poaching your eggs uses zero oil therefore no unnecessary calories are added. Spinach is high in Iron and helps reduce cholesterol.