Looking for something interesting to make for your guests? Try Ashley’s Rice Salad!
It is best to make this salad in the morning, or the night before, for the flavors to blend. This veg dish is ideal as a main or if you prefer, serve it your guests as a side dish! If making the salad the night before, remove seeds from cucumber.
Serve’s 8 – 10 as a side salad.
- 410g Tin of Peaches, drained and chopped or if you prefer you can use fresh Peaches
- 200g Raw rice
- 750ml Boiling water
- 3ml Tumeric
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 Small cucumber, sliced or diced
- 1 Medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 Punnet of chopped spring onions
- 4-5 Sweet gherkins, chopped
- 45-60ml Mayonnaise
- 1 Chopped red pepper
- 1 Chopped green pepper
- 3-5ml Rajah’s mild curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain peaches and allow to stand in the sieve, so that as much of the juice as possible drains off them.
- Cook rice in salted water, with turmeric, either on the hob or in the microwave oven on 100% power for 15 minutes; cover and stand for 10 minutes.
- Set rice aside to cool.
- Chop peaches and combine with all the prepared vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add half the rice and mayonnaise to the ingredients and mix lightly. Add remaining rice and mayonnaise.
- Only add extra mayonnaise if the salad is too dry. The mayonnaise should only lightly cover the rice.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder, and season to taste. Mix well.