This dish is quick and delicious! You can swap out the bacon with chicken or for a vegetarian option you can add mushrooms or serve both together.
This recipe is so versatile you can add to your preference!
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 6-8 Rashers of Bacon
- 1 Bottle or packet tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 250 g Mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 350 g Pasta such as fusilli or rigatoni, cooked and drained
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, and fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan; drain on paper towel. Break into small pieces.
- Using the same pan, pour contents of packet or bottle into pan, and add the mascarpone cheese.
- Use as much of the sauce as you require, not necessarily the whole bottle. If using the packet, you may require a little extra liquid in the form of stock or milk.
- Stir through, and add the chopped bacon. Simmer for 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce, and serve immediately.
- Serve with warmed garlic bread and a green salad.