Serves 6 – 8
- 12 – 14 large eggs
- 8 potatoes, parboiled and
- chopped into thick slices
- 3 onions, cut into rings
- 80 ml olive oil
Garnish: 45 ml finely chopped parsley or rocket leaves
Serve: Accompany Tortilla with sun-dried tomatoes and large, plump, black olives, sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4.
- Use a large, round, flat dish/ flan ring/ earthenware dish. This is to make the cooked tortilla resemble the same shape as if it had been cooked in a large frying-pan on the stove.
- Spray the dish with Spray and Cook; rub with a small amount of olive oil.
- Sauté the onions until almost translucent; then add the parboiled potatoes. (It is best to do this in batches).
- When completed; spoon into the prepared dish.
- Beat 12 eggs and add seasoning; pour this over the onions and potatoes, until they are covered with the eggs – you may need to add more eggs.
- Place dish on a baking tray; bake for approximately 30 – 45 minutes, until the eggs have set, and are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Cut into wedges and leave in the dish. When this has cooled to room temperature; sprinkle with chopped parsley or rocket.
- Serve with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and a glass of wine.
- Add chorizo, ham, or bacon for a different flavour.
- Use sliced red or green peppers, added in step 4.