– 500 g boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced in halves, lengthwise
– 3 ml chilli flakes
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 30 ml olive oil
– 15 ml honey
– 15 ml lemon juice
– 5 ml ground coriander
– 5 ml ground cumin
– 5 ml paprika
– 3 ml ground cinnamon
To serve: Plain, unsweetened, thick yoghurt
1. Mix marinade ingredients together, and place in a plastic zip-loc bag. Add chicken, and mix together
well. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
2. Sauté the spring onions in a little olive oil in a saucepan for two to three minutes.
3. Add the couscous and apricots. Stir well, then stir in the hot chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes, until
4. Heat a large heavy-based frying pan, and cook the chicken pieces in the marinade for 6 – 7 minutes, or
until chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove the couscous from the heat. Mix in the nuts, parsley, mint, rind and juice of the lemon, and cherry
tomatoes. Season to taste.
6. Place some couscous on each plate; top with chicken pieces; finish off with a large spoonful of yoghurt.
Garnish with a sprig of mint, and a small piece of dried apricot.
• For a vegetarian option; omit the chicken and use tofu. Use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
– 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
– 15 ml olive oil
– 200 ml couscous (250 ml)
– 500 ml chicken stock, heated
– 75 g dried apricots (125 ml), chopped
– 75 ml pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted (125 ml)
– 60 ml fresh parsley, chopped
– 30 ml fresh mint, chopped
– Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
– 100 g Roma cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
-Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste