Sometimes it is good to have a recipe that looks after itself once the preparation is complete. This is just such
a dish! Once the crumbs have been set to chill, the remainder of the meal may be prepared and kept aside.
Cooking the chicken in the oven takes very little trouble. It is easy to clean up after this meal.
40 ml sesame seeds
125 ml dry breadcrumbs
60 ml cornflakes, crushed
2 ml salt
10 ml fresh or 3 ml dried thyme
2 ml ground coriander
5 ml paprika
15 ml soy sauce
40 ml light mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, crushed
10 ml honey
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
25 ml sunflower oil
1 lemon or lime, cut into wedges
1. Mix sesame seeds, breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes, salt, thyme, coriander and the paprika, in a large
2. Mix soy sauce, mayonnaise, garlic and honey in another soup plate.
3. Coat chicken strips lightly in mayonnaise mixture; roll in crumbs to coat evenly.
4. To set the crumbs, refrigerate for 45 – 60 minutes or place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4.
6. Line a baking pan with aluminium foil. Grease with oil.
7. Place crumbed chicken on the prepared pan; roll gently in the oil to cover lightly.
8. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and still succulent.
9. Serve with lemon or lime wedges, new potatoes and steamed green beans.
• Add the juice and rind of one small lemon or lime, in step 2.
• Serve chicken strips with a spicy dip, as part of an appetizer, or snack meal.
• Serve chicken strips in wraps with shredded lettuce, avocado slices, and a little sour cream or natural yoghurt.