The full monty of fish and chips, with a difference! Simply add a salad, and this meal is super nutritious, super-fast, and super delicious.
- 4 unpeeled, grated potatoes, squeezed dry (about 250 ml),
- microwave on 100% power for 4 – 5 minutes, drain well
- 15 ml freshly snipped chives
- 15 ml freshly chopped parsley
- 15 ml cornflour or potato or rice flour
- 5 ml potato seasoning spice
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 40 ml sunflower oil
- 2 x 250 g boneless, skinless salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towel serve with Lemon or lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas mark 6.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked potatoes with the chives, parsley, cornflour or potato/rice flour, potato seasoning, spice, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Place salmon fillets onto a greased baking sheet or an ungreased “silpat” baking mat, and firmly press the shredded potato mixture on each piece.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Fish should flake easily, and potatoes should have made a good crust.
- Serve with a crispy, green salad.
- Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
- Use sweet potatoes instead of ordinary potatoes.
- For a 2.5 cm-thick piece of fish, allow 10 minutes’ cooking time.
- If you like a crispier finish to topping; grill for 2 – 3 minutes.