Crispy-Crunchy Fish Bites
When you looking for something quick and easy to prepare, something which is nutritious as well as tasty. Look no further, this fish dish ticks all the boxes. This recipe is gluten-free, which is great when serving to gluten-intolerant guests.
- 2 large fillets firm, white fish, such as hake or dorado
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 100 ml freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 75 g ground almonds (very finely ground) (125 ml)
- 25 ml finely grated lemon rind
- 65g almond or rice flour (125 ml)
- Oil for frying
- 250 g watercress
- Cut each fillet into 4 – 6 equal-sized pieces. Season to taste, and set aside.
- Whisk egg until light and foamy. Add Parmesan cheese and ground almonds; combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add lemon rind.
- Place fish into the 65 g almond or rice flour; toss to coat well.
- Dip fish into the batter and coat thickly.
- Place oil into a deep-fat fryer, or suitable pan over a moderate heat. Heat the oil.
- Add a few pieces of fish at a time, so as not to reduce the temperature of the oil too rapidly.
- Fry for approximately 3 minutes per side or 6 minutes in total.
- Drain on paper towels; season to taste, if necessary. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Keep cooked fish warm until all the fish has been prepared.
- Serve fish with watercress and an avacodo and mango salad or salsa.
Tips – Crispy-Crunchy Fish Bites:
- Buy almond or rice flour at a health-food shop, or in the health-food section of a large supermarket store.
- Grind your own almond flour, by placing blanched almonds in an electric coffee grinder or spice grinder.