Ever so easy and really tasty too! This is a meal to make when you are in a hurry.
– 250 g pasta, either macaroni or penne
– 1 x 400 g tin creamed mushrooms
– 250 ml sour cream
– 2 x 170 g tins of tuna in brine, drained
– 60 ml parsley, finely chopped
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 60 ml breadcrumbs
– 100 g Cheddar cheese, grated
– 60 ml Parmesan cheese
– Paprika for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160ºC fan/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Rinse and drain.
3. Mix pasta with the creamed mushrooms, sour cream, tuna and parsley. Season to taste.
4. Place in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, followed by the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Dust with paprika.
5. Bake for approximately 15 minutes until heated through, and cheese has melted.
• For lower fat content use 250 ml low-fat, natural yoghurt, instead of sour cream.
• 200 g fresh, sliced mushrooms may be used in place of tinned mushrooms. Microwave on 100% power for 3 – 4 minutes; stir into pasta with mushroom juice from the cooking process. It may be necessary to add a little extra stock or milk