•2 Extra-large eggs
• Icing sugar, for dusting
• Cinnamon sugar, for dusting
• Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
• 7 1/2 ml baking powder
• 2 Star anise
• 1/4 TSP Ground cinnamon
• A pinch salt
• 40g Cake flour, plus extra for dusting
• 500g Pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
1. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, then add the pumpkin or butternut chunks and cook until very tender.
2. Drain and allow to cool. Add, along with the flour, salt, ground cinnamon, star anise, baking powder and eggs, to a blender and blend.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. When hot, carefully drop in spoonfuls of the fritter mixture, taking care not to overload the pan.
4. Fry until cooked through and golden, then drain on kitchen paper. Dust with icing sugar and cinnamon sugar and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of: woolworths.co.za