A sort of inside-out pizza that the whole family will enjoy. Use more of one ingredient and less of others if
desired. Add in your favourite ingredient.
– 500 g best-quality frozen puff pastry, thawed
– 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
– 15 ml sunflower oil
– 1 x 200 g tin corn kernels, drained
– 1 ball mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
– 15 ml fresh or 5 ml dried oregano
– ½ x 410 g tin chopped tomatoes
– Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
– 1 medium egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/160º fan/Gas mark 4.
2. Roll 2/3rds of pastry out on a lightly-floured surface and line a pie dish.
3. Sauté onions in oil for 3 – 4 minutes until translucent. Drain well.
4. Place corn, cooled onions, cheese, oregano, and tomatoes into the pastry base.
5. Season to taste.
6. Roll out remaining pastry to fit pie dish. Wet edges of pastry in dish and cover with pastry lid. Seal edges. Poke a small hole in the middle for steam to escape.
7. Brush with beaten egg. Place pie onto a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown and well risen.