The classic Caprese Saladmay be spiced up by using fresh, simple ingredients, giving it a modern twist. Richard likes to use Buffalo mozzarella cheese, as this makes for a rustic look. This is a really delicious, simple starter that we love to make.
– 1 x yellow tomato, sliced
– 1 x green tomato, sliced
– 1 x red tomato, sliced
– 1 ball buffalo mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
– Two sprigs fresh basil
– Drizzle of olive oil
– Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1. Choose pretty serving plates. Layer the exotic tomatoes, starting with a slice of yellow tomato.
2. Top this with a piece of mozzarella cheese.
3. Next, place a slice of green tomato, followed again by mozzarella, and lastly a slice of red tomato on top of the pile. Your stack should sit firmly in place.
4. Top with a sprig of fresh basil.
5. Drizzle over a little olive oil, and season according to taste.