Make the perfect waffles for Mother’s Day and surprise mum this Sunday with a plate of some good loving!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
SUNBEAM STAINLESS STEEL WAFFLE MAKER MODEL-SWM-200 – http://bit.ly/2K2SW11
Makes 8 – 10 waffles
280 g wheat cake flour, sifted (500 ml) (2 cups)
5 ml baking powder (1 teaspoon)
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs, beaten
375 ml – 500 ml buttermilk (1 ½ to 2 cups)
60 g butter, melted
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the eggs, the lesser quantity of buttermilk, and butter; then mix well.
3. Check consistency; if too thick, add a little more buttermilk.
4. Grease the waffle machine with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
5. Ladle in a spoon of mixture to nearly cover the base; close the lid and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until crispy and puffed up.
6. Cook waffles according to the size of the waffle pan. Normally waffles are done when they stop steaming.
7. Repeat with remainder of batter.
8. Serve with maple syrup, Nutella, ice cream, berries for sweet waffles, or cream cheese, bacon, and toasted sunflower seeds.
9. See other serving ideas under sweet and savoury pancake fillings & topping & great toppings for waffles.
• Try making savoury waffles with asparagus, poached/soft-boiled egg and hollandaise sauce.
• The electric egg boiler could be used to cook the eggs – an additional appliance to promote.
• For campers: grease a jaffle iron with butter, then place over moderate coals.
• When heated, ladle waffle batter into the jaffle iron, close, and turn a few times whilst cooking.
• Waffles are ready when crisp and cooked through.