A very tasty vegetarian dish which is simple to make.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
WHIRLPOOL 33LT MET JET CHEF MICROWAVE OVEN – JT469SL: http://bit.ly/2kRsQmZ
Serves 4 – 6
-1 large onion, chopped
-30 ml sunflower oil
-50 ml chopped parsley
-2 x 410 g tins cooked lentils, well drained
-50 g Cheddar cheese, grated (125 ml)
-3 ml cayenne pepper
-Juice and rind of 1 lemon
-3 large eggs, beaten
-150 ml cream or milk
-Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
-200 g baby tomatoes cut in half
-50 g fresh brown breadcrumbs (100 ml)
-40 g Cheddar cheese, finely grated (100 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4. Grease a medium- sized loaf pan and line with baking paper. Grease paper. Use a silicone or glass loaf pan if cooking by combination or microwave.
2. Sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add in parsley and drained lentils. Remove from the heat.
3. Mix in 50 g Cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and rind.
4. Beat eggs, cream or milk and seasoning together. Mix into lentil mixture.
5. Place 1/3 lentil mixture on base; cover with ½ baby tomatoes. Repeat layers, ending with lentil mixture. Reserve a few baby tomatoes for the top.
6. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and 40 g Cheddar cheese. Dust with paprika. Convection: 180°C/ 160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4 for 40 – 50 minutes. Combination/Solar Dom: 180°C+ 50% microwave energy for 18 – 25 minutes. Microwave: 70% power for 12 – 15 minutes – cover with plastic wrap prior to cooking.
7. Allow to cool slightly before turning out. Serve hot or cold with a salad and crusty bread, or with steamed courgettes and tomato sauce.
• Use 180 g uncooked lentils. Cook in 500 ml boiling water on 100% power for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender. Use in place of tinned cooked lentils.
• Add 1 chopped green pepper in step 2.
• Add 200 g sliced mushrooms in step 2.