If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
ELBA 60CM ELIO ELECTRIC OVEN – https://bit.ly/2LuCxEf
Need eats for a school function? Then this is the ideal cake to make! No electric beaters required. The icing is also scrumptious served as a sauce with ice cream.
Makes 16 – 24 squares
-250 g butter or margarine (250 ml)
-50 g cocoa powder (125 ml)
-300 g granulated sugar (375 ml)
-4 large eggs, beaten
-140 g cake flour (250 ml)
-5 ml baking powder
-5 ml vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4.
2. Grease or ‘spray and cook’ a 20 x 30 cm roasting or baking pan. Line the base with baking paper and grease again.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine, watching carefully that it does not burn. Add cocoa, and combine well with a hand whisk.
4. Turn the heat right down, and then add in the sugar, stirring continuously until almost dissolved.
5. Remove saucepan from heat, and add the eggs; beat well.
6. Sift together the dry ingredients; add to mixture and stir until well combined, then add vanilla essence.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
8. Cool slightly and ice with chocolate icing or chocolate ganache icing. Cut into finger-length slices or squares.