Fancy a stir-fry with a difference….This is it!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
KEN HOM 35CM EVERYDAY WOK KH135001 – https://bit.ly/2LcZr5r
Serves 6 – 8
60 g butter or margarine (60 ml)
60 ml sunflower oil
4 x carrots, peeled and cut julienne
2 x cloves garlic, crushed
2 x green peppers, seeded and sliced thinly into strips
2 x red peppers, seeded and sliced thinly into strips
2 x yellow peppers, seeded and sliced thinly into strips
1 small cabbage, washed and cut into quarters, remove core
250 g baby corn, cut into sections or leave whole
250 g sugar snap peas
100 ml soy sauce
1 bag Chinese instant noodles
Freshly-ground black pepper
Aromat to taste
1 large egg, beaten
1. Heat butter or margarine and oil together in a wok or large, heavy saucepan over high heat.
2. When butter is foaming, add in carrots and toss quickly in oil mixture. Stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and peppers; toss and stir-fry for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Using the slicer blade of a food processor, cut cabbage on the fine blade. Alternatively, slice very finely by hand.
5. Add cabbage, corn and sugar snap peas; toss well with other vegetables and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add soy sauce and instant noodles together with pepper and Aromat if using. Cook for 2 minutes until bubbling.
7. Lastly add egg and stir quickly to combine. Cook a further minute.
8. Serve immediately.
• Double the recipe if catering for a crowd.
• Add 200 g sliced mushrooms if liked.
• For a vegan recipe, omit the egg.