A healthy meal in 20 minutes, capturing great Mediterranean / Moroccan flavours. This recipe makes use of many
ready-prepared convenience foods, for ease of preparation.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
DEFY MULTIFFUNTION PETIT CHEF OVEN MIRROR GLASS – https://bit.ly/2nyOTAv
½ x 500 g bag ready-prepared, cubed sweet potato
20 ml olive oil
30 ml sweet chilli sauce
2 pork steaks, cut 2.5 cm thick
10 ml olive oil
25 – 30 ml harissa spice, or Moroccan spice rub
10 ml olive oil
1 x red pepper, sliced thinly
½ x 250 g container hummus
Garnish: 25 ml fresh coriander or 15 ml fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170ºC fan/Gas mark 5.
2. Place sweet potato in a casserole dish with 25 ml water. Cover, and microwave on 100% power for 4 – 6 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
3. Place into baking dish. Toss in 20 ml olive oil and sweet chilli sauce. Roast in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
4. Rub pork steaks with 10 ml olive oil and the harissa or Moroccan spice rub.
5. Heat 10 ml olive oil in a pan. Cook pork steaks on both sides, until golden brown (8 – 10 minutes). Be careful not to overcook, or they will be dry.
6. Add red pepper strips to pan with pork steaks during the last 4 minutes cooking time.
7. Serve pork steaks with red peppers, topped with a dollop of hummus, garnished with coriander or thyme, and
a spoonful of sweet potato.
8. Serve with a green salad, if desired.
• Use beef or lamb steaks, instead of pork.
• Make your own hummus.