Dead easy, great tasting and definitely a “keeper” in the recipe file! Double the recipe if feeding a crowd.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
LG 665L Side by Side Instaview Fridge – GC-X247CSBV – https://bit.ly/2NuQuS4
-4 extra-large egg whites
-500 ml whipping cream
-1 x 397 g tin sweetened condensed milk.
-1 x packet Romany Creams, Lemon Creams, Nutty Crust or Tennis biscuits, crushed roughly
-1 x 397 g tin caramelized condensed milk
-250 ml chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
-250 ml Nutella hazelnut chocolate spread
-100 ml chopped preserved ginger
-100 g chopped nuts
-200 g sliced fresh strawberries, raspberries or nectarines (peel first)
-200 g halved gooseberries
-200 ml lemon curd and rind of 2 yellow lemons
-500 ml roughly crushed meringues
-200 g Turkish delight, chopped and 10 ml rose water
-200 g marshmallows, chopped
-250 ml peanut butter, slightly warmed in the microwave to mix in easier
1. In an electric food mixer bowl which is clean and dry, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
2. Beat the cream in another bowl until the cream holds its shape.
3. Fold the condensed milk into the cream and lastly fold in the beaten egg whites gently.
4. Place mixture into a large container and freeze.
5. Stir mixture 4 times while it is setting.
6. During the fourth time if you wish to add in any of the additions or a combination of additions, add them,
and stir gently to mix in. The additions should still be easily visible in the ice-cream.
7. Freeze until required.
• Double basic ice cream recipe to serve a larger crowd or for a buffet table.
• Use egg yolks to make lemon curd.