We wish you good company with which to share this simple, yet memorable meal.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Whirlpool 388L Inox Combi Fridge- https://bit.ly/2INQKev
DEFY 4 GAS 2 ELECTRIC STOVE – https://bit.ly/2Ptm2cU
Zwilling 6 Piece Knife Block- https://bit.ly/2J1SOzz
Serves 4 as a light meal, or starter
-1 clove garlic, chopped
-60 ml chopped flat-leafed parsley
-30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
-Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
-20 medium sized prawns, shelled
-200 g penne pasta (500 ml)
-15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
-5 ml butter
-1 small onion, finely chopped
-250 ml frozen peas, thawed
-250 ml dry white wine (optional)
1. Place garlic, parsley and 30 ml olive oil in a large bowl.
2. Add the prawns; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil; add salt, to taste.
4. Add the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the bag (usually 10 – 12 minutes).
5. Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy-based frying pan; sauté the onion over medium-heat, until translucent. Add the prawns, with the marinade and peas; stir for 30 seconds.
6. Turn up the heat; cook until prawns turn pink, and moisture is reduced by about half. Check the seasoning.
7. Add cooked pasta to the pan.
8. Stir gently; serve immediately in either heated bowls, or on large-rimmed plates.