If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Defy 60cm Black Slimline Oven – https://bit.ly/2ALAxUu
Serves 6 – 8
-12 /14 large eggs
-8 potatoes, parboiled and
-chopped into thick slices
-3 onions, cut into rings
-80 ml olive oil
-Sea salt, to taste
-Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Garnish: 45 ml finely chopped parsley or rocket leaves
Serve: Accompany Tortilla with sun-dried tomatoes and large, plump, black olives
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4.
2. Use a large, round, flat dish/ flan ring/ earthenware dish. This is to make the cooked tortilla resemble the same shape as if it had been cooked in a large frying-pan on the stove.
3. Spray the dish with Spray and Cook; rub with a small amount of olive oil.
4. Sauté the onions until almost translucent; then add the parboiled potatoes. (It is best to do this in batches).
5. When completed; spoon into the prepared dish.
6. Beat 12 eggs and add seasoning; pour this over the onions and potatoes, until they are covered with the eggs – you may need to add more eggs.
7. Place dish on a baking tray; bake for approximately 30 – 45 minutes, until the eggs have set, and are cooked through.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
9. Cut into wedges and leave in the dish. When this has cooled to room temperature; sprinkle with chopped parsley or rocket.
10. Serve with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and a glass of wine.
• Add chorizo, ham, or bacon for a different flavour.
• Use sliced red or green peppers, added in step 4.