The full monty of fish and chips, with a difference! Simply add a salad, and this meal is super nutritious, super fast, and super delicious.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
AEG Built-in Oven – BEK435220M – https://bit.ly/2P9nNv4
-4 unpeeled, grated potatoes, squeezed dry (about 250 ml), microwave on 100% power for 4 – 5 minutes, drain well
-15 ml freshly snipped chives
-15 ml freshly chopped parsley
-15 ml cornflour or potato or rice flour
-5 ml potato seasoning spice
-Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
-40 ml sunflower oil
-2 x 250 g boneless, skinless salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towel
-Lemon or lime wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas mark 6.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cooked potatoes with the chives, parsley, cornflour or potato/rice flour, potato seasoning, spice, salt, pepper, and oil.
3. Place salmon fillets onto a greased baking sheet or an ungreased “silpat” baking mat, and firmly press the shredded potato mixture on each piece.
4. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Fish should flake easily, and potatoes should have made a good crust.
5. Serve with a crispy, green salad.
6. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
• Use sweet potatoes instead of ordinary potatoes.
• For a 2.5 cm-thick piece of fish, allow 10 minutes’ cooking time.
• If you like a crispier finish to topping; grill for 2 – 3 minutes.