If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Ken Hom 35cm Everyday Wok – KH135001 – https://bit.ly/2LcZr5r
-4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
-60 ml cake flour
0Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
-50 ml cooking oil
-1 onion, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, crushed
-1 red chilli, seeds removed, and finely chopped
-3 cm piece of fresh ginger root, grated
-25 ml medium curry powder
-60 ml tomato purée
-300 ml water or chicken stock
-5 ml brown sugar
-1 x 410 g tin coconut cream or milk
-45 ml sultanas
-1 red pepper, cut into strips
-60 ml fresh coriander, chopped
1. Place chicken strips (goujons) into a plastic bag, together with flour, salt and pepper. Toss together, until chicken is well coated.
2. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Brown the chicken strips quickly, in batches, removing them from the pan once evenly coloured.
3. Add the onions, garlic and chillies to the pan.
4. Sauté the onions until translucent. Add ginger and curry powder. Stir, and cook for about a minute.
5. Add tomato purée, water or stock, sugar, and coconut cream or milk. Stir in sultanas.
6. Place into a suitable casserole dish.
7. Cover with a lid, and bake at 160ºC/140ºC fan/Gas mark 3 for 30 minutes.
8. Add red pepper strips. Continue to cook for a further 20 – 25 minutes.
9. Top with coriander, and serve with basmati rice, mango chutney and sambals.
• Add 125 ml freshly grated coconut to the recipe, in step 5.