These easy-to-make French toast sticks is the perfect Valentines Day breakfast for your loved one this week!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Philips Avance Air Fryer – https://bit.ly/2GAZ2Ho
- 4 slices slightly stale thick bread, such as Texas toast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- parchment paper
- Cut each slice of bread into thirds to make sticks. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Stir together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until well combined. Dip each piece of bread into egg mixture, making sure each piece is well submerged. Shake each bread stick to remove excess liquid and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook in batches, if necessary, to avoid overcrowding the fryer.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turn bread pieces, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Dry your bread out first so you don’t end up having your bread fall apart during the soaking process. Serve with your favorite French toast toppings, such as powdered sugar, a sugar and cinnamon mix, or syrup.