Quick-Quick Baked Chicken
A healthy and great-tasting meal! Quick-Quick Baked Chicken takes minutes to prepare; while it is cooking, put your feet up and relax!
Ingredients Quick-Quick Baked Chicken:
– 4 x boneless and skinless chicken breasts
– 60 ml low-fat cream cheese
– 125 ml mature Cheddar cheese, grated
– 60 ml sweet chilli sauce or chutney (tomato flavour is good)
– 15 ml Dijon or wholegrain mustard
– 15 ml coriander or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Method Quick-Quick Baked Chicken:
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4.
2. Flatten chicken breasts slightly. If they are too thick, cover with a piece of cling film; use your fist or a rolling pin to hammer them flatter.
3. Combine topping ingredients, divide evenly and spread over the top of each chicken breast.
4. Place onto a baking sheet that has been lined with greased aluminium foil.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes till golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve with new potatoes and salad, or stir-fried vegetables.
• Cut a slit horizontally in each chicken breast; use the topping as a stuffing. Drizzle a little olive oil over,
and cook as above.
• Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of back bacon, secure with a toothpick. The bacon gives a great
smoky flavour to the recipe.
• Try using a low-fat cheese in cooking; it reduces the fat content, specifically the saturated fats.
• For extra servings: increase the topping accordingly for each breast used.