Luci likes to bake this in a lasagne dish, but it can just as easily be baked in a large quiche pan. Luci says she finds this recipe easy to whip up when having her girlfriends around for a lazy lunch. Served with a green salad and French bread, with a glass of chilled white wine, it can be turned into a great meal. Dressing it down is also ever so easy as a meal for the family.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Defy Eye Level Oven Black Petit Chef – https://bit.ly/2Uld5bx
Serves 8 – 10
– 140 g cake flour (250 ml)
– 100 g mature Cheddar cheese (250 ml), grated
– 125 g butter (125 ml)
– 250 g carton smooth cream or cottage cheese
– 4 large egg yolks
– 2 large eggs
– 5 ml hot English mustard or Dijon mustard
– Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
– 250 ml Parmesan cheese
– 500 ml Clover long-life cream or fresh cream
– 200 g ham, chopped
– 200 g smoked salmon, and 50 ml chopped chives or spring onions
– 4 leeks, washed and cut into rings and steamed lightly; and 5 ml nutmeg.
– 1 bunch fresh asparagus, steamed, and cut into sections
– 1 x 400 g tin drained artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
– 1 packet spinach, steamed, drained well, and chopped
– 200 g steamed broad beans, 100 g cooked frozen peas,
– 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
– 100 g each Gorgonzola and Bel Paese to make a four cheese quiche
1. Combine flour and cheese in the bowl of a food processor which has been fitted with the double knife blade. Drop the butter into the bowl through the feeder tube while the machine is running.
2. Process until the mixture forms a ball.
3. Press into a greased lasagne or quiche dish, and bake at 180ºC/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4 for 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, beat the filling ingredients together until smooth, either using a plunge blender or hand-held mixer.
5. Pour into pastry base.
6. Sprinkle over any additions of your choice.
7. Bake at 180ºC/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4 for about 40 – 45 minutes. Do check for excessive browning.
8. Quiche should be almost firm in the centre.
9. Serve with salad and some crusty bread.
• Quiche may be frozen when cold.
• Freeze in portions to pop into lunchboxes.