You won’t find a recipe easier or more convenient than this flatbread dough recipe. It may be used to make gorgeous cheese straws; or rolled out very thinly it may be put to use as a tasty pizza base. Top with fresh herbs and coarse Himalaya pink salt, for great flavour. Bake in any shape or size to use as pre-dinner palate teaser or as accompaniment to soup.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Grundig 60cm Silver Oven – https://bit.ly/2NB9fVT
Serves 10 – 12 as a snack
– 280 g self-raising cake flour (500 ml)
– 500 ml Greek or double-cream plain yoghurt
– 1 ml salt
– Extra self-raising flour for kneading.
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas mark 5.
2. Grease a baking tray or line a baking tray with a silicone mat.
3. In the bowl of a large food mixer, add self-raising flour together with Greek or double-cream
4. Add salt and mix together until a sticky dough forms.
5. Have some extra self-raising flour on hand for kneading the dough.
6. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes until it comes together and the sticky dough
7. Roll or pat out into a flat square, round, or oblong shape, approximately 1.5 cm thick.
8. Place onto prepared baking tray.
9. Sprinkle with extra sea-salt flakes, or grated Parmesan, mozzarella, or strong, grated Cheddar
cheese; herbs such as fresh or dried rosemary, basil or oregano; chopped black olives, pesto, tomato paste; or chopped chorizo, ham, bacon, cooked chicken, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, etc.
10. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
11. Cut into slices or wedges with a pizza cutter or sharp knife.