Serves 12 – 14
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Samsung 501L Side by Side Fridge- http://bit.ly/2UV99PM
– 125 g butter or margarine (125 ml)
– 50 g granulated sugar (75 ml)
– 75 ml cocoa powder
– 1 large egg, beaten
– 300 g crushed Marie or Tennis biscuits (625 ml)
– 500 ml evaporated milk (1 x 410 g tin)
– 100 ml milk
– 80 g castor sugar (100 ml)
– 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
– 2 x 200 g slabs dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
– 250 ml whipped cream; chopped nuts; 6/7 large, ripe strawberries cut in half lengthwise, or 6/7 x After Eight chocolate squares cut in half on the diagonal; clementine or naartjie slices.
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine and when hot, add sugar and cocoa; stir in egg and crushed biscuits. Mix very well.
2. Prepare the 26 cm flan tin by greasing and then lining with baking paper on the base; grease the top of the paper as well.
3. Tip biscuit mixture into the pan, and press up 2/3 on the side and the rest on the bottom. Freeze or refrigerate to firm up.
1. Whisk together evaporated milk, milk, sugar and egg yolks in a medium-sized saucepan. Place over medium to low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly. DO NOT boil.
2. Place chocolate chunks into the food processor fitted with the metal blade.
3. With the processor running, slowly pour milk mixture into chocolate. Process for 10 to 20 seconds.
4. Scrape down sides and continue processing until smooth.
5. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight until firm.
1. Pipe swirls of whipped cream. Dust with nuts or 12 – 14 strawberry halves placed around the edge, or 12 clementine or mandarin slices. Alternatively, cut After Eight squares in half on the diagonal and push one end into the dessert or into the cream swirl.