Super quick, ribbon courgettes are simply delicious served with a hint of garlic and mint, tossed with linguine.
Alternatively, pop the mixture onto some toasted bruschetta and top with Parmesan cheese for a great veggie snack.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Smeg 90cm Stainless Steel Gas Stove – http://bit.ly/2vABeNe
Serves 4 – 6
-4 courgettes, topped and tailed
-30 g butter or margarine (30 ml)
-30 ml olive oil
-2 – 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
-300 g button mushrooms, sliced
-Juice and rind of l lemon
-125 g crème fraiche
-15 ml fresh or 5 ml dried mint leaves, chopped
-Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
-500 g linguine or spaghetti pasta
-100 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Use a vegetable peeler to slice courgettes lengthwise into thin ribbons.
2. Heat butter or margarine and oil in a large saucepan and sauté garlic and mushrooms for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add in the courgettes and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add lemon rind, juice, crème fraiche, mint, salt and pepper to taste and allow to simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Bring to the boil a large pan of salted water and add pasta to the water. Cook according to directions on
the bag (around 8 – 10 minutes).
5. Add a little pasta liquid to the courgette mixture.
6. Drain pasta and stir in courgette mixture; toss lightly. Serve immediately.
7. Top with Parmesan cheese and extra mint and lemon rind.