There is something extremely satisfying about consuming chocolate! This recipe is a chocoholic’s dream. You will keep going back for more. No cookbook is complete without a chocolate recipe to drool over – here is ours.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Smeg 335L Stainless Steel Combi Fridge – http://bit.ly/2Ln5ndu
200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
50 g butter (50 ml)
100 ml full-cream milk
125 ml double cream
100 g icing sugar, sieved
2 large egg yolks
Rind of 1 orange
200 g Amaretto biscuits, or similar
125 ml brandy
1. Place chocolate, butter, milk, and cream, in a suitable microwave container; cook in the microwave on 100% power for 4 – 6 minutes, stirring each minute, until chocolate has totally melted, and mixture is fully amalgamated.
2. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Beat in icing sugar, egg yolks, and orange rind.
4. Break up the biscuits into small pieces, or crush with a rolling pin, or process in a food processor.
5. Divide half of the biscuit pieces among 6 glasses or dessert dishes. Sprinkle with some brandy; then pour the chocolate mixture over, to cover. Repeat this step.
6. Place pots in the refrigerator, and allow to set overnight.
• In step 4, place crushed biscuits and brandy into the chocolate mixture; mix gently together, and place in refrigerator to set.
• Scoop out small spoonfuls; place either in shot glasses, or serve on decorative spoons. Made this
way, this recipe will be sufficient for up to 20 people