This salad makes a most attractive addition to our table. It is set to become a firm favourite, as it can be made a day ahead: the flavours are enhanced by this advance preparation.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Siemens 60cm Black Oven – http://bit.ly/2PLV4hJ
Serves 6 – 8
4 raw beetroot, peeled and cut in halves, then into wedges, *parboiled
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into cubes
4 carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
2 red onions, peeled and cut in halves, and then into wedges
2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
125 ml olive oil
60 ml balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180ºC fan/Gas mark 6.
2. Place beetroot, red peppers, carrots, onions, and garlic into an oven roasting pan. Pour olive oil over and
toss vegetables until well coated.
3. Bake: for 25 – 30 minutes until vegetables are just tender and golden brown.
4. Combination/Solar Dom: 200°C +70% microwave energy for 15 – 20 minutes until vegetables are just tender and golden brown.
5. Cool slightly. Mix together balsamic vinegar, sugar, sweet chilli sauce and mustard powder; pour over the warm vegetables. Mix gently together.
6. Place vegetables onto a serving platter; top with feta cheese, fresh figs (if using) and coriander leaves.
• *Microwave beetroot wedges on 100% power for 8 – 10 minutes first. This cuts down dramatically on the
roasting time. The same procedure may be used for the carrots.
• Use ready-cooked beetroot to save on the preparation time. Roast as above.
• Use ready-prepared carrot julienne strips.
• A creamy salad dressing also works well with this salad in place of the balsamic vinegar mixture.
• Do bear in mind that olive oil is high in calories, so use moderately.
• Store olive oil in a cool, dark place: sunlight and heat can destroy certain properties in the oil.