This chicken salad is crunchy and smooth, with exotic flavours. It has a preparation style which is not taxing
at all. We love eating this on our patio, overlooking the sea, and enjoying the relaxed lifestyle that this
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Smeg 90cm Stainless Steel Gas Stove – http://bit.ly/2vABeNe
Serves 6 – 8
-45 ml fish sauce
-Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
-3 cloves garlic, crushed
-2 large red chillies, finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder flavour)
-10 ml brown sugar
-Juice and rind of one lime
-8 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
-60 ml sunflower oil
-50 ml lime juice
-50 ml castor sugar
-200 g Chinese rice noodles
-1 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
-4 radishes, sliced
-Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
-4 spring onions, sliced finely
-30 ml cashew nuts, chopped
-Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1. Whisk together in a bowl the fish sauce, pepper, garlic, chillies, sugar, and rind and juice of the lime.
2. In a separate bowl, pour half of the marinade over the chicken. Mix gently, coating chicken with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight. Reserve the remainder of the marinade.
3. Meanwhile, make a dressing by adding the lime juice and sugar to the reserved marinade, stirring until the
sugar has dissolved.
4. Place the noodles in a large heat-proof dish; cover with boiling water, and leave for 2 – 3 minutes, until
noodles have softened.
5. Drain, and rinse the noodles under cold water, to arrest the cooking process. Drain well.
6. In a large bowl mix noodles, cucumber, radishes, mint, spring onions, and cashews. Toss with the dressing.
7. Remove the chicken cubes from the marinade, shaking off any excess.
8. Fry the chicken cubes in heated oil in a large frying pan over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
Drain, and set aside.
9. To serve: Place noodle salad onto a flat platter. Top with warm chicken cubes, and lastly those jewel-like
pomegranate seeds. Garnish with a few extra mint leaves.
• Place the chicken, in step 2, into a zip-lock bag; pour in the marinade as directed; close bag. Massage
chicken a little to disperse the marinade evenly. in the bag, the chicken takes up less room in the refrigerator!