We combined macadamia nuts with some apples and made the most delicious apple crumble.
Serves 4 – 6
200 g butter (200 ml) (divided)
4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
500 ml unsalted, plain macadamia nuts
30 ml granulated sugar
40 ml golden brown sugar
To serve: 250 g mascarpone cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4.
2. Choose a suitable dish in which to bake the crumble in. Place 50 g butter (50 ml) into the dish; melt in the microwave oven on 100% power, for 2 minutes.
3. Place apple slices into the butter; bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place macadamia nuts and 30 ml granulated sugar into a food processor fitted with the double-knife
5. Pulse the nuts until they resemble fine crumbs, add in 150 g cubed butter, and pulse again to mix.
6. Remove the apples from the oven; sprinkle the macadamia nut mixture over, and top with golden brown sugar.
7. Return to the oven; bake for a further 20 – 25 minutes.
8. If necessary, place under a grill for a minute or two, until
top becomes golden brown.
9. Serve warm, with big dollops of mascarpone cheese.