Cheeseburgers are definitely a crowd favourite that can be enjoyed anywhere at any time. This delicious twist on the classic cheeseburger will be sure to satisfy all cravings! These mozzarella and jalapeno burgers are perfect for a gathering of friends and family or for a quick meal for two.
- 12 Salticrax biscuits, finely crushed
- handful thyme leaves
- 500g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 125ml Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 45ml jalapeno slices in brine, drained
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 4 crusty bread rolls, halved
- 1 red onion
- 3 gherkins, sliced
- handful rocket or baby herbs, to serve
- Mix the Salticrax, thyme, mince, egg, garlic and mustard together. Season and shape into 8 flat patties. Divide the cheese and jalapeno slices between the centres of 4 of the patties. Top with the other 4 patties and press the ends to seal. Drizzle with oil, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat a thin layer of oil on medium high and cook for about 5 minutes each side (reserve the oil). Pack on a baking tray and bake until cooked through. Alternatively, braai over medium-hot coals.
- Place the rolls cut side down in the pan on medium and toast. Make burgers with the rolls, extra mustard, patties, red onion, gherkins, extra jalapeno and rocket. Serve with the chips or salad.
Click here to get the recipe for a tasty, indulgent dessert to accompany your meal.