Germ-Busting Hand Sanitizer,
Some good news! It’s quick and easy to make your own germ-busting hand sanitizer at home. Even better, all it takes is 3 ingredients and a few seconds to whip up this recipe using your blender!
Ingredients – germ-busting hand sanitizer
- 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol or Rubbing Alcohol (99%) and if you can’t find any use Vodka (the strongest kind)
- 1/4 Cup Aloe Vera Gel or glycerine (Helps keep your hands soft and counteract the harshness of the alcohol
- 10-20 drops of Anti-Bacterial Essential Oils (Tea Tree, Clove, Thyme, Cinnamon, Orange, Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, etc) or you can use lemon juice instead.
∙ Pour the ingredients into your blender and blend well
∙ Once the mixture is well blended, pour into a pump or spray bottle
Important notes for germ-busting hand sanitizer:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the key to making an effective hand sanitizer is to stick to a 2:1 proportion of alcohol to aloe vera/glycerine. This keeps the alcohol content around 60 percent. This is the minimum amount needed to kill most germs.
- Nothing beats good-old hand washing (and loads of it) so for maximum effectiveness wash/rinse hands first then apply the sanitizer.
- To use, spray enough on hands to get them wet and rub vigorously together. Let air dry and repeat if necessary
- Store in a cool location out of direct sunlight
Post credit SmegSA