Aeg and Hirsch’s Homestore bring you a delicious Chakalaka Mayo Sauce recipe from @chef_nti‘s cookbook. This velvety sauce is guaranteed to have your Sunday lunch guests licking their plates and begging for more!
Chakalaka Mayo Sauce Recipe
- Oil for frying
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp hot Rajah curry powder
- 4 Carrots, grated
- 1 Can Koo baked beans
- 7 Tbsp Hellman’s mayonnaise
1. Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion with turmeric and curry powder for 5 minutes.
2. Add the grated carrot and let it sweat off all the juices for 15 minutes.
3. Add the baked beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Let the mixture cool down, then blend to a smooth consistency.
5. Fold the mayonnaise into the blended chakalaka, and it’s ready to serve.
Makes 150ml * Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within three days.