These Delicious Green Tea MACARONS will have everyone GREEN with envy over your baking skills!
Green Tea Macarons Recipe
Makes : 30 sandwiched cookies
Prep Time : 30 min.
Bake Time : 8 min.
- 250g powdered sugar sifted
- 115g almond flour
- 10g matcha green tea powder sifted
- 3 egg whites
- 15g granulated sugar sifted
- 175g ready-to-use cream cheese icing
- 5g matcha green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 204°C (or 190°C for convection oven)
- Combine powdered sugar, almond flour and 2 teaspoons green tea powder in a medium bowl.
- Add egg whites and granulated sugar to the bowl of KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
- Attach bowl and Wire Whip to the mixer.
- Gradually turn to Speed 10 and whip until egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Remove Wire Whip and replace it with Flat Beater.
- Add almond mixture.
- Turn to Speed 1 and mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Pipe batter onto sheets in 1.5cm circles, 3cm apart.
- The batter should yield about 60 cookies.
- Let stand 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
To make the filling:
- Add icing and 1 teaspoon green tea powder to mixer bowl.
- Attach bowl and Flat Beater to the mixer.
- Turn to Speed 2 and mix 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Assemble macarons using about 1 teaspoon filling for each cookie sandwich.
- Press together gently.